Municipality of Tagbilaran City
For many years, little has been known of the City of Tagbilaran that nestles on a sea, protected from the southwest monsoon by the island of Panglao and from the cold stream of the north wind by the Maribojoc mountain range.
Tagbilaran was then part of the town of Baclayon until on February 9, 1742, when Governor-General Gaspar dela Torre signed a decree separating her from Baclayon and establishing the town of San Jose de Tagbilaran.
From then on, this once unheralded town has been under the mantle of the Province of Bohol until it became a Chartered City on July 1, 1966 by virtue of Republic Act No. 4660.
Tagbilaran is bounded on its western and southwestern sides by 12.2 kms of coastline, on its north by the town of Cortes, on its northeast side by the town of Corella and to its eastern side by the town of Baclayon.
|At a glance..|
|No. of Household||:15,585|
|Land Area||:3,061 ha.|
|No. of Barangays||:15|
|Distance from Capital||:|
|Barangay||Land Area||Population||No. of Households|
Municipal Officials (2007-2010)
|Mayor:||Hon. Dan Neri Lim|
|Vice Mayor:||Hon. Jose Veloso Jr.|
Events and Festivities
Town Fiesta : 1st of May
Patron Saint : St. Joseph the Worker
To view Bohol, click here.