Municipality of Clarin
Clarin is in the northeastern part of Bohol and is 61 kilometers from Tagbilaran City. It was organized on January 31, 1919 out of the territories taken from Tubigon, Inabanga and Carmen. It was originally called “Can-ogong” after one of the early settlers named Ogong who had a habit of hanging a bamboo tube for salted fish. Since he was a popular man in the community the place was called after him, Can-ogong, meaning “Ogong’s place.”
Can-ogong was then changed to Clarin when it was organized as a municipality in honor of the first Civil Governor of Bohol, Hon. Anecito Clarin.
During World War II, its central school was used by the Japanese as a concentration camp for suspected persons.
|At a glance..|
|No. of Household||:3,575|
|Land Area||:6,279 ha.|
|No. of Barangays||:24|
|Distance from Capital||:61 km.|
|Barangay||Land Area||Population||No. of Households|
Municipal Officials (2007-2010)
Events and Festivities
Town Fiesta : 29th of September
Patron Saint : St. Michael
To view Bohol, click here.