Municipality of Sikatuna
Sikatuna is an interior town located 6.5 kms. from Corella and 16.6 kms. from Tagbilaran City. It was named after the famous Bohol Chief who made a blood compact with Legazpi in 1565.
Sikatuna was established as a town by Executive Order No. 88 issued by Gov. Gen. Francis Burton Harrison on December 5, 1917. It used to be called Comago, then a barrio of Alburquerque. During World War II, it was made an evacuation center by the people of its neighboring towns. When the Japanese learned of this, they put up a garrison in the municipal building. The guerillas did not attack the garrison in order not to expose the civilians to the danger of reprisal.
|At a glance..|
|No. of Household||:1,177|
|Land Area||:2,675 ha.|
|No. of Barangays||:10|
|Distance from Capital||:17 km.|
|Barangay||Land Area||Population||No. of Households|
Municipal Officials (2007-2010)
Events and Festivities
Town Fiesta : 13th of June
Patron Saint : St. Anthony de Padua
To view Bohol, click here.